What do you do when you are bored? Watch TV? Read? Maybe workout? Personally, I bake. A little while ago I got bored. So, I started thinking of things I could bake. I was really, really, really craving some chocolate chip cookies, but I did not have any butter in the house. Solution: Use an avocado instead.
The avocado gave these cookies the most moist, cake-like texture you can imagine. My husband absolutely loved them. I always know I’ve come up with a good recipe when he approves. In fact, once I finish this posting I’m going to go make some more for him. That’s how much he liked them. They were pretty easy to whip up, too. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a fast, easy (semi-healthy) cookie.
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Mash the avocado in a bowl.
2. Add in egg and vanilla and stir.
3. Add in flour, sugars, salt, and baking soda and stir until well mixed.
4. Mix in chocolate chips.
5. Place dough in fridge for 15-20 minutes to chill.
6. While dough is chilling pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Place approximately 1 tbsp sized cookies on cookie tray and bake for 7-10 minutes in pre-heated oven, until bottom starts to brown.
8. Makes 36 cookies.
Nutritional information: (For one of 36 cookies): 43 calories, 1g protein, 9g carbs, 0g fiber, 6g sugar